Canoe, Innertube and Kayak Rentals On The Clarion River In Cook Forest State Park
Welcome to Cook Forest’s premier canoe, kayak and innertube rental located on the banks of the federally designated “Wild and Scenic” Clarion River in Cooks Forest. We are open April thru October.
The Pale Whale Canoe Fleet is the oldest and best equipped of the canoe rentals in Cook Forest. We have durable aluminum Grumman canoes for your canoe trips. Our Kayaks are well suited for the waters of the Clarion River.
Innertube rentals are popular with our single and double tubes. Floating coolers are available for rent. Paddles (two per canoe), Personal Flotation Devices (life jackets - required), and transportation are included in the price of your canoe trip.
A canoe will hold two adults and two small children or three adults, depending on the weight of the occupants and the water condition. It’s the law for 12 and under to wear a PFD at all times on the water - Minimum age is two years old.
One stop convenience describes our canoe livery
Canoe rentals are easy and convenient with our ample parking, restrooms and changing rooms that are clean and neat - we even have a foot wash for your use.
Adjacent to the canoe rental is Cooksburg Café with super Hershey ice cream and burgers and Cooksburg Dry Goods for unique gifts, snacks and drinks. Cookriverside Cabins is also located on the property with 17 cabins for you to stay and extend your vacation.
For Your Information
- Our friendly and experienced staff will handle all the loading of canoes, kayaks and inner tubes.
- CELL PHONES DO NOT WORK while on canoe trips. Leave your cell phone where it will stay dry.
- We recommend sealing all valuables in waterproof bags and fastening them inside of your watercraft.
- You may leave your keys with us or purchase a key clip which is available in our store..
- Innertube rentals can get ropes or straps to tie together for added fun, just ask one of the staff.
- Do not litter, please take one of our free trash bags and respect fishermen.
People under the influence of alcohol or drugs are subject to arrest by authorities while recreating in Cook Forest. We will not rent to people who appear to be visibly intoxicated or under the influence of drugs. Alcohol is only permitted in Cook Forest at the local bars, restaurants or privately owned lodging facilities.